Uncategorized

5 MILITARY FEARED DEAD IN ISWAP/B’HARAM, SOLDIERS’ CLASH IN BORNO

NigeriaNo fewer than five soldiers of the Nigerian Army were on Sunday confirmed killed when Boko Haram terrorists, believed to be linked to the Islamic State of West African Province, attacked a military base in the Magumeri Local Government Area of Borno State, Nigeria.

 

The attack took place around 6pm on Friday, with fears that the soldiers killed were about 15, although the army in a release on Sunday confirmed that five soldiers killed.

 
DCO Global News gathered that the troops, during the ensuing gun battle, killed a yet-to-be-ascertained number of terrorists, but some military ammunition had been carted away by the insurgents.

 

ISWAP and Boko Haram fighters reportedly engaged the troops, attached to the Sector 3, Operation Lafiya Dole, who were deployed in the Forward Operation Base, Magumeri for hours, until reinforcements came from a neighbouring military base.

 
The Deputy Director, Army Public Relations, Col. Ezindu Idima, said the terrorists attacked Magumeri in search of food supplies but most of them were shot dead, while some escaped with gunshot injuries.

 

Idima said, “The troops of Sector 3 had a fierce encounter with the Boko Haram terrorists on Friday.

 

The criminals came in numbers to infiltrate the Magumeri village in order to loot food items and other valuables. The troops effectively thwarted the terrorists’ plan through their superior firepower.

 
“During the encounter, the troops exterminated scores of the insurgents and many escaped with gunshot injuries. A clearance operation has been sustained to deal with the remaining fleeing criminals.

 

“Unfortunately, five soldiers paid the supreme price. The Commander, Sector 3, Maj. Gen. Olufemi Akinjobi, has on behalf of the Chief of Army Staff, charged the troops to maintain the momentum to ensure the final defeat of the terrorists.”

 
Idima said the military, under the Multinational Joint Task Force, launched Operation Yancin Tafki in February 2019 to deny the terrorists freedom of action and access to foodstuffs, which forced them to resort to looting vulnerable communities.

 

By Dominic C. Odoh

 

Click to Follow DcoGlobalNews.com

DCO Global News Contacts: For information on Press Releases, News, Advertisements, Videos, Photos, Events happenings, Promotional Events and Adverts, Share your stories with us, Please Call or Send a Text to our Whatsapp number; +886963563485, +886970840314.

Or send an email to; chionikdom02@yahoo.com, emydom29@gmail.com

(Like and Follow our Facebook Page; DCO Global News)

(Follow us on Twitter; @Dcoglobalnews)

(Follow us on LinkedIn; Dco Global News)

(Follow us on Tumblr; Dcoglobalnews)

(Follow us on Google +; Dco Global News TV)

(Subscribe to our YouTube Channel; DCO Global News TV)
Subscribe to DCO Global News. Advertise with us. Send us enquiries, press releases.
DCO Global News Promotes the Values of Democracy, Human Rights, Values of Life and Freedom of Expression in a Region Where Genuine Media Freedom Remains Elusive and where many Media outlets remain Divided along Ethnic Lines.

Let’s 🚶 Walk   the 🚶  Walk 🚶   Together.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s