Uncategorized

COURT STOPS NASS WORKERS FROM EMBARKING ON STRIKE AGAIN

Protesting NASS workersThe National Industrial Court, Abuja, on Monday, held that its order restraining the Parliamentary Staff Association of Nigeria from embarking on a planned strike had not been vacated.

 

Recall that Senate President, Bukola Saraki and the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, had instituted a suit against PASAN, seeking an order to restrain its members from closing down the National Assembly.

 
The duo, in their suit via a motion ex parte filed on December 18, 2018, also sought an order of the court, restraining PASAN from proceeding on strike, pending the determination of the motion on notice before it.

 

Joined in the suit as co-defendants, are the Chairman, Secretary of PASAN, the Clerk and Deputy Clerk of National Assembly.

 
At the resumed hearing of motion on notice, the claimant’s counsel, Anthony Ameh, informed the court that the interim order and originating processes had been served on the defendants.

 

Ameh however, told the court that he had it on good authority that PASAN was planning to embark on another strike.

 

The counsel went further to say that if the defendants embarked on strike, the court should charge them with contempt of the court.

 

Consequently, Justice Sanusi Kado, held that the interim order of December 18, 2018, restraining the defendants from embarking on strike was still in force.

 

Kado then enquired from defendants’ counsel if they had been served processes and if they had filed anything in reply.

 

Although Mr Omoloja Adegoke, Defence Counsel to first, second and third defendants, said he had had been served, but noted that he was only briefed on Friday and asked for time to take necessary steps.

 

Mr Charles Yoila, Defence Counsel to fourth and fifth defendants, on his part informed the court that he was only been briefed on Monday.

 

He said he would have filed all necessary court processes before the next date of adjournment.

 
The judge thereafter ordered that hearing notice be served on all parties and adjourned the matter until February 19 for hearing of the motion on notice of interlocutory injunction.

 

Recall that the workers had embarked on protest on December 17, 2018 over claims of unpaid entitlement amongst other things.

 

 
Click to Follow DcoGlobalNews.com

DCO Global News Contacts: For information on Press Releases, News, Advertisements, Videos, Photos, Events happenings, Promotional Events and Adverts, Share your stories with us, Please Call or Send a Text to our Whatsapp number; +886963563485, +886970840314.

Or send an email to; chionikdom02@yahoo.com, emydom29@gmail.com

(Like and Follow our Facebook Page; DCO Global News)

(Follow us on Twitter; @Dcoglobalnews)

(Follow us on LinkedIn; Dco Global News)

(Follow us on Tumblr; Dcoglobalnews)

(Follow us on Google +; Dco Global News TV)

(Subscribe to our YouTube Channel; DCO Global News TV)
Subscribe to DCO Global News. Advertise with us. Send us enquiries, press releases.
DCO Global News Promotes the Values of Democracy, Human Rights, Values of Life and Freedom of Expression in a Region Where Genuine Media Freedom Remains Elusive and where many Media outlets remain Divided along Ethnic Lines.

Let’s 🚶 Walk   the 🚶  Walk 🚶   Together.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s